Gangplank, or Gangway


This is also called a gangway. It is a removable ramp used as a footway that attaches a ship, like the Mayflower, to the pier. Boarding the Mayflower brought a powerful feeling to me. I could not imagine what the Pilgrims felt like walking up the gangplank to a ship knowing they are going across a wide ocean to a new life.

Generic filters
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Filter by Custom Post Type

Continue Exploring by Selecting a Category Below